Do I need a study permit?

If you plan to study in Canada for longer than 24 weeks, you need to get a study permit. 

What do I need to study in Canada?

The first step is to get accepted by a Designated Learning Institution inside Canada. The Institution will then provide you with a letter of acceptance (LOA), that needs to be attached to your study permit.

Can I work while studying?

If you are completing a post-secondary degree or certificate in Canada and you have a valid study permit with no restrictions, you are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week while completing your study course. 

I am currently in Canada as a visitor, can I change my status to a student?

Yes, but there are some extra steps you need to be aware of before proceeding. You can consult with us to find out more.

What is the processing time?

The processing time for a study permit are different depending on the location and the number of cases being processed. Contact us to find out the processing time for your application.

Do I need to provide my biometrics to study in Canada?

Generally study permit applicants need to provide their biometrics, with these exemptions:

  • U.S. nationals;
  • Children under the age of 14;
  • Applicants over the age of 79;
  • Temporary resident applicants who have already provided biometrics in support of a permanent resident application that is still in progress.

If you're in Canada and you apply for an initial study permit, you need to give biometrics. To do this, you may need to leave Canada.

Member in good standing of